Thursday, October 29, 2009

Casting Call

I'm in it from the beginning this time. Last year, I joined the production of Snow White well into rehearsals. This year, I've been a part of every decision from the beginning. Auditions were this week, in my classroom. Difficult, but in a good way. It's a good thing when you have so many talented people that you wrack your brain trying to find a place to put them all. If he goes here, then she can go there. But that would leave this role for him, which means that she couldn't go there. We debated for hours. We had three days of auditions. We heard at least forty kids.
The show is Willy Wonka Jr. It's not going to be easy. Lots of sets, dynamic characters, difficult songs. But we have the vision and the drive to make it work. I admit, it was hard to picture it coming together when there was only a box of librettos and cds in my office. However, after today's auditions, I have a more clear picture in my mind.

"If you want to view paradise, simply open up and view it. Anything you want to do it. Want to change the world? There's nothing to it." - Willy Wonka

5 comments:

drewster said...

What is the difference between Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? I always get those two confused.

drewster said...

What is the difference between Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? I always get those two confused.

JBFerguson said...

I cannot wait to see sweet Jackson!

JBFerguson said...

I cannot wait to see sweet Jackson!

easyedwin said...

I'll have 2 Wonka Bars please