Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Falling Short

It's been quite a time of blog silence. I didn't win Auburn Idol. There. I'll just get right to the point. I thought I had it wrapped up. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I performed without flaw last Friday night. There was nothing I could have pointed to and said, "well if I had just done that better, I might have won." I did everything to the best of my ability. The judges just saw things differently than I (and those supporting me) did. Oh well. It really was fun while it lasted. It was great getting to be a "rock star" for a few weeks. I hope that my students had fun following the show and the results and coming to the hotel with crazy posters screaming their heads off.
And that's one of the things I'm most grateful for. The outpouring of support and kindness from friends and family has been incredible. People love any kind of "Idol" type competition. I mean, Simon Cowell hit the nail on the head with this concept! It provides entertainment as well as suspense and drama. I wish it could have gone my way, but I'm happy for the winner (and happy that he's going to buy the top five contestants lunch when we get back to Auburn!)
For now, I'm just going to enjoy time at home with family and friends. I hope you are doing something you love this Christmas season.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

The Dyer Family said...

well, I think the idol concept is CRAP, and I'd much rather hear you sing in a non-stressful, non-competitive forum where I can just enjoy your amazing talent and not have to suffer through a bunch of other inferior singers. that's how i feel :)
and the real idol is not determined by the judges, but by the public. we definitely saw things differently than those yahoo judges. fo sho!!!