Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Twenty Ten

Whadup. So I spent a couple weeks at my parents lovely home in Bluff Park. A warm fire, homecooked meals, the Christmas tree, my awesome family, a yard for my dog. What else does a man need? Nothing, but that didn't stop the awesome things from happening. Here's what they were.

Cousins. I've got lots of them and I love them. They are like extended brothers and sisters. I got to see and catch up with them over the break. Some of them have offspring... which is weird, but really awesome too. We had our annual Cater cousin Christmas cookie bake. It was mostly the offspring throwing flour everywhere, but who cares. It was great.

Movies. I saw several movies at the cineplex. Avatar. Brilliant. Sherlock. Brilliant. Invictus. Always wanted to see Morgan Freeman portray Mandela. I love films.

Christmas. We give each other gifts to symbolize the gift that God gave us. Now, a shirt or green currency paper will never match up to a living God who sacrificed himself, died excruciatingly, and rose again. But... it's nice to get that stuff right? I was further reminded of how blessed I am. Christmas was great. My only regret? I didn't see either Home Alone or Home Alone 2. Travesty, I know.

My Dad's latest phase. Each year, my father becomes infatuated with something new. Running (although he did that for years), Cycling (also did that for years), sailing, etc. This year, his thing is shotguns. He bought a new shotgun and he and I and my brother shot clays a couple times over the break. Let it be noted that I outshot him both times. Still, tons of fun. He's also (probably) going to get a hunting dog. Time to shoot some birds. Here's a video I made of Cater Men Swing and Shoot 2009, an all day outing of my father, brother, and myself to Farmlinks in Fayetteville, AL.



New Years always sucks. I think it's because of the unusually high expectations we place on it to become the greatest night of the year. This time, it didn't disappoint. I partied with Daniel, Lee, Jake, Daniel's wife and lots of her friends. I danced the night away. Went to bottletree cafe. Danced more. Best New Year's ever.

The next day Auburn played in one of the most ridiculous bowl games I've ever seen. We won three bowl games that day. Can we store those up and use them in the future?

So now I'm back in Auburn. I'm back in my small white house with my dog. The cat that lives under the house somehow managed not to freeze to death (unfortunately). However... I've got a plan! I ordered a small animal trap. I'm going to trap that cat, drive out to Tuskeegee and let it go. Get outta here cat.

Students come back tomorrow. Can't wait.

It might snow Thursday night. Great... I probably just jinxed it.

I'm working on my 2010 resolution. Last year's resolution was to listen to more blues music. I can honestly say that it was the first time I've remained mindful of my new year's resolution all year. I'd say I succeeded. I'm kicking around a couple ideas for this year's resolution. I'll get back to you.

The olympics are soon. I love the Olympics so much.

I like even numbers WAY better than odd numbers. So, the fact that it's 2010 makes my soul feel at ease. At least for another year.

I hope your 2010 is full of great things.

3 comments:

easyedwin said...

Sounds like a good tome was had by all. God is good!!

Dranmom said...

Glad you had a fun break. I had a ball! I love Christmas!! I also love YOU!!

drewster said...

Pull!!!!!