Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Great Message

Everyone was up in arms about the president's speech to our nation's children that took place today. Parents were concerned that this Democratic president wanted to indoctrinate their children with his liberal agenda. School systems were divided on whether or not to show the speech live to their students. Did you see it? Have you read it? There couldn't be a more positive and uplifting message for our students to hear. There couldn't be a more "important" person from whom to hear it. There was no politics. There was no nazi brainwashing. Everyone chill the hell out. Our nation's leader simply wanted to encourage, inspire, challenge, and motivate our students. I don't know that I could confidently say that those things happen daily in many of today's classrooms. Here's the transcript. I encourage you to take ten minutes to read it. I'm thankful for these words. I only wish every student in America could have heard them.

3 comments:

dranMom said...

Thanks for the link ( I didn't get to see it today). I read it. Absolutely positive, inspiring, and words every educator and parent needs and wants to say to students. I hope it made an impression on the students who take no reponsibility for their education. Go Obama!

Brandy said...

I agree Dan!! I watched it and was inspired to finish myself.. :)

easyedwin said...

Missed it. Pulled landscape duty.
Back hurts.