Monday, November 9, 2009

I love my...

Time for this week's installment of "I love my Mondays." Mondays are dominated by terrible thoughts, mostly about how much we hate Monday. Thus, I venture to detail a handful of highlights on everyone's least favorite day of the week.

1. I love my students. This is the craziest week we've had yet as a choir. Today, we had a dress rehearsal for our big fall concert. This is when it all comes together. We decided last minute today not to use portable risers. Instead, we will sing in the choir loft. We haven't ever sung in the choir loft. They got up there, and that was it. Training wheels were off; they were big boys and girls. Seriously, they looked so grown up in that huge choir loft.

2. I love my choir. Then they sang. I don't mean to get hopes up or anything, but they sounded so good! They were well mic'd and mixed. They sang with confidence and had fun. I can't wait for the concert tomorrow night!

3. I love Monday night football. They had the right thing in mind forty years ago when they came up with this idea. Just like a blog post about Monday's positives, a football game on Monday attempts to make all right with the world. As the day wears on, there is a moment of clarity when you realize, "Yes! There's football on tonight!"

4. I love the Steelers. As I type, I'm watching said Monday Night Football. Tonight's matchup: Steelers at Broncos. Go Steelers.

5. I love being busy. I know it kinda sounds weird, but I love being busy when I know what I have to do and I know how to do it. Two years ago, today was an extremely stressful day. Getting all those kids on busses, getting them to the church, getting them in the right places, running each piece, and making sure everyone gets home safely is quite a task. But this wasn't my first rodeo. It was actually enjoyable today!

1 comment:

easyedwin said...

Good sounds and good times. Ending it all with the Veterans Day Ceremony was great.