Sunday, November 15, 2009

Top 25

In a move quite out of character for me, I auditioned for "Auburn Idol" yesterday. No, it has no affiliation with American Idol. It's a contest put on by the Auburn Hotel and Dixon Conference Center and Mix 96.7. This was one of those weekends that I kept thinking I had plans on, but it turned out I had nothing going on Saturday. I went to the hotel at 9 a.m. and got my number. Realizing it was going to be quite a while before I auditioned, I went and got some food, went home, hung out with Jenny for a bit, then went back only to find that the judges were going to take a 45 minute lunch break! I waited it out. I made some new friends in the hallway. Then, at about 1:15 I finally auditioned. I sang "Magic" by Andy Davis. I was able to play my guitar, but not to plug it in. The song went well, and before I knew it, it was over. The judges were very kind and complimentary. I left and went about my day. I got a phone call around 6:00 congratulating me on making the top 25 contestants for the competition! The live elimination shows begin this Friday night at 7:00 at the hotel. If you're in Auburn and you call me your friend, come and support me! Oh, did I mention that the winner gets $10,000? Talk about motivation. So wish me luck, or a broken leg, or whatever is applicable and supersticiously appropriate.

1 comment:

easyedwin said...

Go, go, go for a touchdown !!