Saturday, November 21, 2009

Top 15

Last night was the first round of Auburn Idol. The top 25 contestants battled it out and only 15 were left standing at the end of the night. Was I nervous? Kinda. Fortunately, my experience with AU Singers and other performances have increased my confidence on stage. I had practiced enough and knew my song really well. It was similar to the time I went skydiving. I wasn't nervous until RIGHT before I jumped out of the airplane. Last night, I wasn't nervous until right before I went onstage. However, I knew that there were a ton of people in that crowd that were supporting me. A week of shameless self promotion at school paid off. There were fifty students and probably fifteen teachers there screaming their support. It meant so much to me that all of them gave their Friday night up to come and support me! My time came up, I sang to the best of my ability, and it was over. The crowd was insane. They were screaming so loud that the MC and the judges had to wait for them to calm down before they made any comments.
After everyone had performed, the judges went into another room to deliberate. When they came back, the contestants lined up on the side wall to await the calling of the top fifteen. Fourteen names had been called, and I was still standing on the side wall. The thought crept in my mind that this could be the end. Then he called my name and the room erupted again. I had made it through to the top 15. The next round is in two weeks. See you then.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Dan, I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!! That is so awesome, I cannot wait to see the top 15!!

Dranmom said...

Dad and I will be in that Dan Fan Club for the next round! Can't wait. You are so awesome.