Sunday, October 12, 2008

Gastronomical

It's no news that the News is usually negative. By that I mean that news broadcasts are usually stories about how bad things are: murders, failing economy, and high gas prices. It seems that in the last several months, the news has been dominated by election coverage and gasoline woes. I was almost more annoyed by the news coverage about high gas prices than the prices themselves.

Have you noticed? Gas is way down! I drove by a station here in Auburn today that was advertising 3.08 for regular! That's incredible. Yet, I don't see it all over the news! I should be seeing interviews with overjoyed hillbillies at the gas pump talking about how happy they are that gas prices have fallen so drastically. I don't. I should see it all over CNN's home page: "Relief comes in the form of much lower gas prices" or "Hey, here's a news story about how happy everyone is that gas is cheaper now." Nope. Heaven forbid we actually show some joy in these "tough times". They just report the most recent negative story, forgoing the gas altogether. This just goes to show how negative and annoying the media can be.

So, if they aren't going to rejoice about it, let us do it for them.

HEY, GAS PRICES HAVE GONE WAY DOWN, HOORAY!

Feel free to express your petroleum pleasure, your gas giddiness, or your fuel felicity in the form of a comment on my blog. Let's rejoice together.

3 comments:

Stephen said...

I paid $2.87 in Huntsville on Friday. Now there is a station at $2.78. I feel like driving around in my SUV just to celebrate!

Anonymous said...

In CNN's defense... I did read an article on their homepage informing me of the recent drop in gas prices yesterday ;)


But I have to agree with you: There isn't enough coverage. They may be waiting to see how low it gets to begin celebrating... but by the time that happens... it'll be on it's way back up. LOSE-LOSE situation.

Anonymous said...

It's $3.58 in lovely Greensboro, NC