Thursday, October 30, 2008

Once Was Lost, But Now Is Found

At 8:00 a.m. this morning, right after my combined rehearsal, I got a phonecall from an unknown number asking for Mr. Catcher. After I corrected her on my last name, the caller informed me that she had Jenny! She lives in the same complex from which Jenny ran. She said Jenny just walked right up to her. I immediately left school (luckily I had a thirty minute time where I didn't have THAT much responsibility) and went to get her. I picked her up, thanked her rescuer Katie profusely, and took her home. I gave her another scoop of food (Katie had given her two scoops already) and put her in her crate to rest for the day. I'm sure she's exhausted and just wants to chill. She doesn't seem to be hurt from the car that grazed her. Hopefully she has seen that the grass is indeed not greener on the other side. Rather, the grass is cold, dark, lonely and offers no food.
So Jenny is back. All is right with the world.

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Celebrate and be glad; the prodigal dog has returned!

Anonymous said...

Congrats and major, mega, mushy mouth smiles from Jenny and all dogs found in the world. Man's best friend is the greatest gift from nature one could ask for.

Emily Lilley said...

hurrah! pleased to hear that your pup returned. if you don't mind, i am going to tag you on my blog, as i have become a frequent reader :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so glad and happy for you and Jenny! I can so relate to that helpless, hopeless feeling when a beloved pet is lost. I have lived through it many times. Only once did the worst case scenario happen. . .Dallas never came back. But I still contend that she went off somewhere to die because she didn't want to hurt or inconvenience me (for real!). That's just the way she was. At least you now somewhat know that Jenny has a survivor instinct and can return to a place she is familiar with. That's a good thing! (think Zelda!!) Give her a kiss for me on the top of her sweet head, and give yourself a Mom hug from me.

Anonymous said...

Whew! What a relief!!! I am SO glad Jenny-girl came back :) I was telling Elliott all about Jenny last night after he read your blog last night! I'm so glad that she is home safe and sound. Give her some lovin' from Unlce Evan!

John and Brooke said...

Yay! I am just now getting caught up on reading blogs and I came to yours first to see if there was any news!! I bet she sure is glad to be home :)