Thursday, October 9, 2008

Never Ending

Remember this? That was June 22, 2008. It is now October 9. It's been almost three and a half months since I broke my ankle and it's still not 100%. I'm very frustrated. Lately, it hasn't hurt to walk, which was a new thing. However, I still can't run, frolic, skip, jump, or any other gleeful activity involving heavy ankle action.
I went back to the orthopedic doctor today. They took another X-ray and it's not still broken (which is what I thought was going on).
There's nothing worse wrong with my recently broken ankle other than the fact that it just isn't better yet. He felt both of my ankles and concluded that I simply have "loose" ankles (I know, sounds gross). "Is that bad?" I asked. "No," he said, "it just lends itself to injury." Well then, that explains the painful ankles throughout little league baseball and church basketball.

So, I'll be going to physical therapy next week. I went to the physical therapy office to make my appointment and got really excited! It looks like a playground in there! There are colorful objects of all shapes and sizes. I can't wait! Physical therapy, more like recess!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Recess, or a lifelong passion:)!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's fun, sometimes not. They have some pretty cool stuff in there, though.

Anonymous said...

Au contraer, mon ami. They will hurt you, then they will hurt you again. You will be better for it, but they will stretch you and bend you and until you say uncle!! No pain---no gain is their motto.

Whitney Dugger said...

Woo Hoo for therapy! Hope all goes well :)

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I can't quite hear folks say "uncle":) . . . hmmmm:)

But I always hear Uncle Ed!

The Dyer Family said...

who is your PT going to be?

Anonymous said...

Good post.