Saturday, May 3, 2008

The Glory Days

This weekend marked the sixteenth annual Young Voices Festival in Auburn. This is a large choral festival that involves kids from late elementary to early high school. I took three students this year, and am hoping this number increases every year. As is tradition, the Auburn University Singers do a show for all of the kids on Friday night. My students were sitting next to me during the show. I leaned over to them and said, "after this is over, follow me backstage and we can meet some of the singers!" They were all about it. So, after the show we went backstage and met a couple AU Singers. It was middle-school awkward and very short lived. Here's the kicker: as we were leaving, one of my students implored, "Reliving the glory days, Mr. Cater?"


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glory days....well they'l pass you by....in the wink of a young girl's eye

the Boss