Saturday, May 31, 2008

Scatological


A couple of months after I bought my new car, I bought a rubber all weather cargo mat. This thing is the coolest. It fits right into the back of my car and transforms the back into a cargo hold. I could haul anything. I mainly just haul my good friend Jenny, no not Ferguson, Jenny my dog. She loves it back there. The space in the back has even been renamed "The Jenny hatch". She sits and looks out the windows as I drive all over town.

Today, Chandler, Jenny and I drove to Birmingham to spend a couple of days with friends and family. We cruised down 280 listening to good tunes and talking about random things. Suddenly, a rather pungent aroma filled the entire space inside my car. I looked at Chandler, "did you poot?"
"No," he replied.

The thought crossed our minds at the same time. We turned and looked back at Jenny. The same, goofy, innocent, cartoon-ish look stared back at us. The fetor continued to hang in the cabin of my car. I just knew the day had come. Jenny had pooped in my car. I wasn't mad, (remember all weather cargo mat) just overwhelmed with the hilarity of the situation. I found a place to pull over and do a code red poop check. All clear. False alarm. It was just a poot. A really smelly, lingering one. We breathed a sigh of relief and clean air and continued the trip, happily poop free.

2 comments:

The Dyer Family said...

pooty pootsalot!

resa said...

thanks for the laugh!