Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Longest Dinner Trip Ever

This afternoon, I drove from Auburn almost all the way to Birmingham. I met my mother, father, brother, and sister-in-law for dinner at Lloyd's for my mom's birthday. It was an hour and forty five minute trip, but worth every minute. It was so great to walk into Lloyd's and see, sitting in the back of the restaurant, a table full of people I really love. They were waiting on me. We ate a huge meal, shared some stories, and then showered my mom with gifts! After dessert, we got up and left. It seemed like such a short time, but again, so worth it.

Happy Birthday Mom. I love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you sweet thing! I still can't believe you drove all that way just to have dinner with us. It was so delightful and special to have my whole wonderful family toether on my birthday! Thank you so much--I love you dearly . . .Mom
P.S.-love my spices, too! I'll cook you something with them soon!