Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Beard Freakout

When men don't shave for a while, hair grows on their face. This hair, when left unattended for a period of time, is known as a beard. In older times, a beard was a symbol of a boy's arrival into manhood. Apparently now, a beard just makes you a freakazoid. I decided to get a jump start on my Christmas beard this year, letting my facial hair grow since Thanksgiving. Here are some responses I've received:

"What's that on your face?" - a student
"You should get rid of that" - a student
"When we first started coming to this class, you didn't have a beard." - a student
"What do you want for Christmas?" "A million dollars," I replied. "He needs a razor so he can shave that junk off his face." - another student.

It's a beard people. And, for the foreseeable future, it's here to stay. So, quit freaking out.

4 comments:

Jessica Seyler said...

I cannot believe your students give you that much sass! The boys are just jealous that they can't grow one yet.

Anonymous said...

Yo, beardo! You can play santa now

Sarah Armstrong said...

That made me laugh!! Kids are completely clueless...and filterless!!

JBFerguson said...

Send the students to my room and I will set them straight. I love no shave November/December!