Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wintry Mix

Last night was our Winter Dessert Concert. Both choirs from Drake as well as around fifty singers from the Junior High school presented a concert of Christmas and Holiday choral music. We performed after the PTA meeting, and it was a good thing we did. That place needed a little pick-me-up after the speaker was finished with his forty-five minute frolic through the perils of a teenager's online life. Don't get me wrong, it was valuable information for which I'm sure the parents were grateful. However, all 170 of our choir students didn't need to be in there, and the presentation was about thirty five minutes too long. Regardless, upon its completion we took to the stage to present our Winter Concert. This was uncharted territory for me as I did not put one of these on last year. The night began with my smaller, mostly 6th grade, after school group. They sang "Little Drummer Boy" and "Up on the House Top". Then, I played and sang "In the Bleak Midwinter" on my guitar as the Junior High Choir got in place. The Junior High sang three pieces and sang them well. Then my seventh grade choir took the risers and sang "A Christmas Lullaby", "A Holly Jolly Holiday," and "Deck the Hall." We ended with all singers (Drake and Junior High) singing "We Wish You a Merry Christmas". Each student brought a dessert to be shared after the concert. Thus, when the singing was over, everyone pigged out on desserts. All in all it was a great night. Merry Christmas.

I probably shouldn't even be writing this right now. There's probably some internet predator out there waiting to pounce. Thanks a lot Officer Doom and Gloom.

2 comments:

Shealy said...

and that girl who videotaped for you...I hear she sings an AWESOME "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer."

JBFerguson said...

I just want to know how he found out my online name is i candy. I keep those things pretty secret!