Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Best thing since Christmas

Today is Burger Day. Ever since Charlie Nagreen served the world's first hamburger at the Seymour Fair in 1885, this delectable American sandwich has fed and satisfied billions. No, it's not a National Holiday. It's not even a holiday. But in the hearts and minds of well informed Auburn citizens, it might as well be Christmas. Tonight, Niffer's offers all of their burgers, (there are like 20 different kinds) at the low low factory invoice price of 3.99! That includes the fries! You can walk out of there paying less than five bucks for an awesome burger and fries! It's really only Burger Night, but the celebration goes on throughout the day in anticipation of Burger night. And this isn't your average once a year holiday, no sir. Burger night is EVERY THURSDAY! So, if you need me I'll be at Niffer's paying bottom dollar for a top dollar burger. Then, we all go home and go straight to bed because we know that Burger Clause will come and fill our stockings with seasoned ground beef.

Happy Holidays.

6 comments:

Christopher Lee Kelley said...

I couldn't think of anyone I'd rather spend burger night with than this guy. I'm thinkin' cheddar/bacon/bbq sauce... mmmm

chandler said...

wow. woke up a little late today and had forgotten about this. now i'm in the best mood.

Anonymous said...

You are such a hoot! I love you. Eat one for the ole Dranmom!

Anonymous said...

I could taste the ole niffers burger in my mouth as I read your post today... all the way from Nashville. Eat one for me too. That puts your order up to 3... and you're still under $12!

Anonymous said...

hawaiian burger---cajun fries---new castle ale all in one place!!
Nuke mcdonalds!!!

The Dyer Family said...

wow - burger night has gone up over the years! used be a dollar or two. and my transformation into old lady hag is complete.....