Friday, June 13, 2008

Mixed Feelings

This weekend is City Stages, an annual three-day music festival held in Birmingham. City Stages and I don't have the best past together. I really have mixed feelings about it this year, and every year really. I love live music, but something usually happens to make my experience pretty bad. By the time it rolls around again, it's been a year since the last one. Thus, you've had a year to forget how miserable it was last time around. It's fresh, it's live music, it's summer. I usually get free passes somehow, (otherwise, I definitely wouldn't go). So now we can throw free into the mix, which makes me "want to go" more, I guess. So I'll go, and I'll hear some good music. I'll sweat my butt off, pay way too much for food, walk until I fall over, leave wishing I hadn't gone, and swear I won't go next year. Sounds like a plan. See you there.

1 comment:

Christopher Lee Kelley said...

Actually, I got hooked up with VIP passes(free beer and barbecue) and got to see Griffin House(awesome) and Marc Broussard(very fun) without even really getting rained on. I've discovered the secret of having a good time at City Stages: Decide for yourself the most fun 3-4 hour period music-wise of the weekend... then get in get out and get back to Auburn!