Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I've fallen and i can't get up!


I just saw the commercial for LifeAlert, you know, the company that gives old people a clicker to wear around their neck. If they fall (and, by chance, can't get up) they press the button, and LifeAlert sends an ambulance.

I humbly announce that I need one of those. I feel a sense of shared understanding with these elderly tumblers. I even own a moo-moo just like the lady above! I started wearing it after I broke my ankle. It's so comfortable.

I fell coming up the front stairs of my house the other day. Walking on crutches is hard enough, but walking up stairs with crutches, forget about it. Don't worry, no further damage was done (physical damage that is, plenty of psychological damage).

I've been using my computer chair to wheel around my house. It works, buuuuuuut, I would really love a Rascal! I would tear that up! Get some racing stripes on it, a straight pipe, and maybe a spoiler. I'd be the coolest cripple on the block.

2 comments:

John Keyes said...

I hear if you get a rascal then you can even go to the grand canyon!

Sarah Armstrong said...

The mere title of this post had me laughing before I started reading. If you need to borrow a scooter we have one at our church that we allow our senior adult ministry to use...I am sure they'd let me borrow it! :)