Sunday, June 29, 2008

Off to Camp!

I'll be gone this week to "choir camp". I know, what a nerd. I've been going to this camp since middle school, but haven't had the chance to go in the last two years. It's tons of fun, and I always learn a lot. It'll be good to see some people I haven't seen since I was last at camp!

The reason it's informally called choir camp is because throughout the week, students in grades 7-12 meet for choir rehearsals (three rehearsals a day, it's like a choir nerd's dream!) Then, at the end of the week we perform a concert of the music we've been rehearsing all week. We usually bring in a University choral conductor to lead the rehearsals and conduct the final concert. It's kind of a big deal.

This year, for the first time, I'll be teaching/leading the tenor sectional. In years past, this has always been done by my friend and mentor, John. Well, I'm moving up in the world. I'll be leading the Tenor's sectional rehearsal each day and making sure they aren't lost in the madness during large group rehearsals. The success of the tenor section rests largely on my shoulders! I'm pumped. I wonder if I could count this as professional development?

So don't expect much in the way of blog posts this week. I don't think camp as internet access. Then again, I haven't been in three years. Perhaps they've made some technological advancements.

Have a great week, I know I will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do not slip and fall on the pine straw