Saturday, June 21, 2008

Frustration

I locked myself out of my house this morning. For the second time. The last time this happened, my friend Lee helped me out by unscrewing the aluminum pane in front of the window and opening the window. However, after that incident, I locked the window thinking "I don't want anyone else to be able to get in this way." Little did I know at the time that I'd be preventing myself from getting back in this morning. So, I called Lee again and he helped me break into a different window. It's so frustrating. I remember seeing my keys sitting on the chair DIRECTLY next to the door, but because I had Jenny, some things in my hands, and some things on my mind, I locked the door and didn't even think about my keys. What a colossal waste of time.

What is perhaps even more frustrating about it is the fact that I look for someone or something to blame. I think that is something a lot of us do (especially middle school kids!) Why is it so difficult to take responsibility for our actions? The quicker I can say "dang, I screwed up" and get on with the problem solving, the better off I will be. The better off we all will be. Can I get an Amen?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen.........and hide a key!!