Thursday, February 5, 2009

Bile em' Cabbage Down

For the last several weeks, the space between my watch and my wrist has really stunk. I'm sorry if I startled you by frankly coming forth with a mysterious bodily odor. It's a Fossil watch, all metal. So, it's not one of those stinky velcro band issues. And, it would stink after only wearing the watch for a few minutes, so it had nothing to do with sweat. I deduced that there was some kind of "funk" in my watchband. Every time I would put the watch on, the funk would get warm and release its funkiness.

So, what did I do? I boiled my watch. That's right, I brought a full saucepan of water to a rolling boil and dipped my watchband into the boiling froth. Three or four dips lasting about ten seconds each and I was done. I let the watch cool and dry overnight. Today, I'm funk free.

3 comments:

The Dyer Family said...

icky funk gets in between those rungs - if you start looking it is shocking.

easyedwin said...

Try showering with the watch on your wrist. Lather, rinse, repeat.
Maintains a consistant level of clean (if you shower regularly)

Anonymous said...

This post is disgusting, hilarious, and educational. All-one-ONE! Nice job, Dan!