Thursday, February 12, 2009

Is This Real Life?

Reality television has been around for several years now. The percentage of Americans that have participated in a reality television series is increasing every year. Surely, it's only a matter of time until someone you know becomes involved in a reality television series. That time, for me, has come. Firstly, I have a good friend in the top thirty six of American Idol season eight. I've known people to try out, but I don't think I've ever known anyone to get this far. His name is Ricky Braddy and his voice will melt your face off. Secondly, my boss is a contestant on the newest season of Survivor! Are you kidding me? The premier was tonight, so we can finally talk openly about it. We've secretly known for a while that she was on the show, but we couldn't say anything. She mysteriously left school (in case you don't know, I'm a middle school choir teacher, so my boss would be the principal) for two months in October. While life at our humble middle school continued its mundane course, our principal was fighting for survival; literally. Her name is Debra.

So I guess the scope of the reality TV machine has reached its tentacles to my front door, or rather to my television. If you're the type to get online and/or text in votes for contestants (or even if you're not) get online, text, do it all. Vote for Ricky Braddy for American Idol. Vote for Debra Beebe for fan favorite on Survivor's website. This is crazy.

2 comments:

easyedwin said...

Alan Jackson, Newnan , GA Am Idol

Anonymous said...

I just finshed watching Debbie on "Survivor"--not much "up close and personal" on her this week, but looks like she did pretty well.I also like JT, who is from AL. Have not watched Idol at all. sounds like you'll be watching lots of both!