Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The New Xbox Experience

I'm a mac guy. I don't give much credit to Microsoft in the way of computers and the like, but they've done some great things with one computer particularly meant for gaming- the Xbox 360. Microsoft recently unveiled "The New Xbox Experience". It's essentially a new operating system for the Xbox. Not only did they update the "look" of the software, but they made some great improvements elsewhere. They added avatars, much like the Nintendo Wii. Players can customize their avatars to look like an animated version of themselves. You can even use your avatar as a playable character in select games through the Xbox arcade. But wait, there's more. Perhaps the best new thing to come to the Xbox 360 is a result of Microsoft's recent partnership with Netflix. I can now watch streaming movies and television shows on my TV through my Xbox! It's awesome! I've started season one of the show Heroes. I'm now getting much more for my money's worth with my Netflix subscription. Thanks, Microsoft, for doing something good.



No comments: