Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Pointless

The iphone has a built in accelerometer. An accelerometer is a device that measures changes in movement. A few days ago, my phone's accelerometer started acting up. It wouldn't tilt pictures so that they appear in landscape. I thought that this was a result of my dropping it in my parents driveway on Sunday. While it sucks, it's not a game-breaker. Since I'm in Birmingham for the Holidays anyway, I thought I'd swing by Alabama's only Apple store and get the problem checked out. I went this morning and made an appointment, showing one of the Apple employees how my phone's accelerometer was still defunct. I made an appointment and headed to Tip-Top grill for some hot dogs. A couple hours later, I returned to the Summit, a mecca of holiday outdoor shopping (oh boy). I waited for my appointment time and when my name was called, I approached the bar.
"What can I help you with?" said the genius (that's what their called, Apple Genius)
"I'm having some issues with the accelerometer in my phone. When I look at my pictures and try to tilt them this way..." I noticed the genius looking at me in a "and your issue is... WHAT?" kind of way. I glanced back at my phone to find it working perfectly, doing exactly what it was made to do. I've never been so angry to have things work perfectly. Doesn't it always happen that way? The only thing worse than a pointless trip to the Summit, is TWO pointless trips to the Summit. Oh well, I'm off of work and life is good. I'm blessed and thankful.

No comments: