Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Growth

In these economic times, growth is not a word used to describe many things. Businesses aren't experiencing much growth. Stocks certainly aren't growing. My portfolio isn't growing. Wait, who am I kidding, I don't have a portfolio. People are scaling back; spending less. Less is the new more.
However, there is one sector that, early reports show, is on track to experience growth from 2009-2010. The Seventh Grade Choir at Drake Middle School is on the up and up! I got a list from one of my counselors today that included fifty-five current sixth graders who have signed up for choir next year! Wait, you say. That's thirty less kids than this year, you say. Hark! That's only students with last names M through Z! Only half the precincts are reporting, Wolf Blitzer! If the A through L contingency follows suit, I could have 110 kids in 7th grade choir next year! Wouldn't that be awesome!? We're gonna need a bigger boat. I'll keep you posted as more reports come in.

2 comments:

JBFerguson said...

Well of course, everyone wants to have a class with Mr. Cater!

Lindsay said...

Maybe it's because they heard the teacher was cute :) Teehee.