Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Wacky Weather Weekend Without Women

This weekend was my good friend Paul's bachelor party. We all met in Atlanta for a Ben Folds concert. I know the picture isn't that great, but he's the one sitting at the grand piano. It was a crappy drive, because it was storming the whole time. I would soon learn that this was only the beginning of the strangest weather weekend!
After the concert, I drove to Birmingham and met up with the rest of the guys at a lake house on a small, private lake. I was exhausted, so I went straight to bed once I got there. The next day, we shot guns. It's been about six years since I've shot skeet. It's so much fun. I wasn't that great at it, but had a lot of fun doing it (and posing for pictures because the shotgun made me feel bad ass.)
Almost as fun as shooting the clays, is throwing them. There's a handheld plastic device from which the clays are launched. Here's Matt throwing a clay.
Here's John throwing a clay.
We woke up to a winter wonderland. That's right, snow in Alabama! We didn't have any food at the house, so some guys and I drove out to McDonald's to get biscuits for everyone. The drive was beautiful because it was still early.
Snowy lake.
After biscuits and cleaning up, I headed back to Auburn; completing my triangular weekend travel. Surprisingly, the snow was still unmelted. I had to play with Jenny in the snow, as well as do some of the things you ALWAYS do when it snows. Here we see Jenny in a haze of confusion. I think I had just hit her with a couple snowballs.

And finally, here's the snowman I made. What an awesome weekend.

3 comments:

easyedwin said...

Great blog......and pics to boot.

JBFerguson said...

You know I went to your blog earlier and there was not a posting about snow and I thought, there is no way Dan has nothing to say about this weather! Love the pics! We pegged our dogs all afternoon too, they loved every minute of it.

Anonymous said...

Love the snowman! Wasn't the snow beautiful and perfect? Snow makes everything look pretty--old shacks, weeds and kudzu, garbage. . .amazing!