Thursday, March 12, 2009

Tempus Fugit

The third nine weeks started today. I cannot believe that this school year is three fourths over with! I got new sixth grade music students today. On the first day of sixth grade music, I do my song and dance, quite literally. We do a goofy song/dance called Singin' in the Rain (courtesy of Dr. Randall Hooper at Sumatanga this past summer). The kids LOVE it! It gives them a chance to let loose and goof off a little bit. I also go over rules, procedures, etc. Then, I sing for them. I figure their music teacher ought to be able to make a little music, right?

So here we go. The home stretch. In a way, each new nine weeks is a chance to start over. It's a chance to right the previous nine weeks' wrongs and repeat its successes. I wish you luck over the next nine weeks, whatever you may be doing.

No comments: