Sunday, March 8, 2009

Time Shift

I love the spring time change. Sure, we lose an hour of sleep, but we'll get over that. It's worth the extra hour of daylight. Being that the time change always happens on a Sunday, I would always go to church that day. Then when coming out of MYF on Sunday nights, it would still be light outside! This would awaken within me that deep down longing for summer. The extra hour of daylight would begin to melt my summer heart, frozen from winter and caked with snow and ice. And so it has begun, the countdown to summer. Maybe not an actual countdown yet, but with every passing day we get one day closer to flip flops, sunburns, frozen drinks, and hot hot heat. Okay, for me it will more likely be workboots, farmers tan, jugs of water, and miles of sod. Nevertheless, bring it on.

1 comment:

easyedwin said...

Got some dirt merchant's tan this past weekend working the Estes job in Vestavia Hills, AL!!!