Sunday, March 22, 2009

Over and Out

Well, Spring Break is over. I worked, I played, I had lots of fun. This weekend was my good friend Paul's wedding. I was in the wedding as a groomsman (so nice not to have to sing). A bunch of us went out Thursday night to my favorite bar in Birmingham, the Garage Cafe. What was so great was that, literally, as people were getting into town for the wedding, they were coming to the Garage. My new friend Martin flew in from NYC, my best friend Daniel flew in from Pasadena. It was almost as if we had predetermined that "when you arrive in Birmingham you are to go straight to the Garage." The next day I worked a half day with dad and then got ready for wedding festivities. I met the guys at our hotel room and we got ready for the rehearsal. Wedding rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, all great. That night we partied at the hotel. Here were fifteen people who some knew each other, some didn't know anyone, some from here, some from afar, and we just partied like we were all lifelong friends. We laughed more than I've laughed in quite a while. I'm talking sore abs the next day kind of laughing. The next day, the groomsmen woke up, ate some chicken, got dressed, and went to the church for pictures. The rest is pretty textbook: pictures, sitting around, ushering people in, wedding (nobody fainted), reception, game over. It was a great weekend and a great end to my Spring Break. I made new friends, hung out with old friends, met a very attractive young lady, and saw my good friend Paul get married on what was hopefully one of the best days of his life.

Now, it's back to work, back to school. I was always the kid that secretly looked forward to going back to school. Some things never change. I'm secretly looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. I miss my students and am ready to buckle down for this last nine weeks. See ya!

1 comment:

Shealy said...

except you're going to be sad because one of your favorite people in the world won't be at school tomorrow. bummer :)