Sunday, July 20, 2008

An Inconvenient Food

I began thinking about what I was going to do for dinner tonight. Immediately, Veggies To Go popped into my mind (Auburn people, you know what I'm talking about). I started piecing together my order when it hit me: it's Sunday. Veggies is closed on Sunday. I haven't thought about Veggies to Go in probably two months, and the one day I want it, it's closed. Doesn't it always happen that way? "Man, I'd love some Chik-fil-a... oh wait, it's Sunday". Maybe it speaks to some deeper meaning within the human condition: we always want what we can't have. Or, it's just an inconvenient food.

3 comments:

The Dyer Family said...

pannie george's kitchen is open today, and they're way better than veggies to go. less need for pepcid at pg's.

Anonymous said...

Hey, why not cook a meal and invite someone over to share it with you???

Schedule a pot luck supper and dole out the courses to each invitee.

Fire up the grill and gas some chickens.

Joanie is having t-bones tonight.

Anonymous said...

YES!! sort of like when I decide I want to buy a pink dress (for instance). . . I have seen them everywhere for months--but if I'm looking for one, they are nowhere to be found! (must be why I have NO pink dresses!) "Oh--you know what I mean"!