Thursday, October 2, 2008

Does Not Compute

I took my sixth grade classes to the computer lab today to do web-based research for their music performer projects. So I'm thinking, "a day in the computer lab will be great, a very easy day." Boy, was I ever wrong? This turned out to be one of the more exhausting days of the year so far! I was constantly pulled around the room by calls of "How do I print?", "Do I have to read this whole thing?", and "My login won't work!" It was crazy!

On the other hand, I had a great rehearsal this morning with my combined seventh grade choir. After discussing their behavior in the last morning rehearsal, the kids were much more focused and on task this time. I was even less frantic than I normally am, or tend to get in those situations. Two girls even made cookies for the whole choir! It was a great morning, and a great day... I'm just exhausted.

But guess what? It's burger night!

4 comments:

The Dyer Family said...

for some reason, computer lab days have become much more difficult than they used to be. they kill me!! their log ins won't work, then they'll put in the wrong password 20 times because they memorized it wrong, so they'll be locked out, then they have to select the right printer - you can show them how to do it on the smart board, but you'll still have to go all over the room and do it for half of them. it isn't worth it some days. soooo much work!!!

JBFerguson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JBFerguson said...

I am so glad you had such a wonderful/stressful day at the computer lab Daniel. Kudos! (was this posting better than the last?)

Jessy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.