Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pure Genius

The newest version of Itunes boasts a feature known as "the Genius". The genius is to your iTunes library what Pandora radio is to internet radio. Let's say you're listening a song, I'll use the one I was listening to, called "Skeleton Key" by Margo and the Nuclear So & Sos. You decide that you're going to be here for a while and would like to stay in this vein, you like this flavor and want to keep it going. You simply click the genius icon at the top of iTunes and viola! The Genius creates a 25 song playlist of songs that are similar to the one you were originally listening to comprised of songs already in your library. Everybody loves a mixtape, but sometimes it takes time to dig through and find the songs you want to include. The genius handles all of that for you. I have to say, I'm nine songs through my playlist and I'm loving it! I always wish I would spend more time simply listening to music with headphones on. This helps me accomplish that task by keeping things interesting and doing all the work for me!
UPDATE: so if you really like the playlist it has created, you have the option to save said playlist! Then, I imagine, you could burn CDs of it, or import it to your iPod to have on the go.

May the Music Never End!

No comments: