Friday, April 4, 2008

100 Things

Apparently, this "100 things about you" germ is going around the blogosphere. I have been officially challenged to write a post containing 100 things that you, the reader, may not know about me. After I write this, I'm going to CHALLENGE Brooke to an American Gladiators style Joust! Take that! I'm unsure whether I have the stamina to write, and you have the stamina to read 100 things. So I'll start, and when I get bored, odds are you will be too. And we will both know its time to stop.

Red

Red

Yellow

GREEN!

1. When I was very little, I had what was known as "sticky up" hair.
2. For years, parrots were my favorite animal.
3. I took two years of Latin in High school.
4. I've been playing guitar for 10 years.
5. My guitar is blue.
6. Most everything else I own is blue because
7. Blue is my favorite color.
8. I secretly want to be a rock star.
9. I just blew my secret about wanting to be a rock star.
10. My brother and I used to think we could run faster on our birthday.
11. My brother and I used to think we could run faster when we got a new pair of shoes.
12. When we were little, my brother and I thought being able to run fast was the ultimate in cool.
13. My brother once saved my life when
14. I fell into Mobile bay
15. Fireworks that hone in on members of my family are called "Cater chasers"
16. I am extremely close with my cousins
17. Zach Morris was one of my heros
18. Zach Morris is still one of my heros
19. I am an unofficial wedding singer
20. I was in a band in middle school
21. I was in a band in high school
22. I stink at coming up with band names
23. I also stink at directions, which is why I recently
24. Purchased a GPS system!
25. I once wrote twenty five things about myself
26. I like to sing
27. I was in show choir in middle school
28. and high school
29. and college
30. I'm embarassed
31. I really enjoy choral conducting
32. I used to be the music director at a small church in Notasulga, AL
33. I have had my dog Jenny for almost a year
34. I recently had the pleasure of meeting the woman that found Jenny on the streets
35. When we were little, my dad used to take me and my brother to our Memaw's house for breakfast on Saturday mornings.
36. On the saturday mornings that we didn't go to Memaw and Pawpaw's we went to Krystal.
37. My brother and I would spin around on the stools in Krystal.
38. Dad told us that the stools spun fast because fat people had been sitting on them
39. My dad is my real hero
40. I can only remember one fight between my brother and I that I would consider a win for team Dan.
41. I used to love riding my bike down the hill and skidding at the stop sign.
42. I popped tires doing that.
43. roller blades hurt my ankles
44. I once hit a homerun in little league... me!
45. My dad called me Homey after that
46. Or Homer Simpson
47. I was never as good at baseball as my brother
48. I was never that good at baseball to begin with
49. My senior year of high school was the best year of my life
50. I'm halfway to one hundred, are you bored yet? Feel free to stop, but i'm gonna keep going.
51. I once got hit by a car on my bike
52. when I was in college
53. I love fishing but
54. I stink at it
55. Deep sea fishing, now we're talking
56. I love sea food
57. I once threw up on my friend's sleeping bag at a sleepover
58. I've been to Israel
59. and Egypt
60. I went inside one of the great pyramids of Giza
61. I saw the birthplace of Christ
62. and one of the two supposed burial places of Christ
63. I believe in Christ
64. I am daily humbled by God's act of love for us, stinkin humans.
65. I've been skydiving
66. I've been bungee jumping.
67. My dad got a tatoo inspired by a symbol i brought back from Egypt
68. My mom is really stinkin smart.
69. But i think I beat her once at Jeopardy
70. My mom is also a better cook than yours.
71. I think i'm the only person left on earth that isn't engaged.
72. and i'm cool with that.
73. I've broken my wrist
74. My elboy
75. and my hand
76. i punched a guy
77. he was a friend, don't worry
78. we are still friends, in fact, he took me to the hospital
79. I love music.
80. that's why i teach music.
81. I support Barack Obama for president.
82. I just got a new cell phone
83. i have a short temper
84. Laughter is not the best medicine, Advil is.
85. I hate spiders
86. I was in FarmHouse fraternity at Auburn
87. yes, it's an actual fraternity
88. I once ate at Taco Bell while Michael W. Smith ate with his family.
89. I have done Youth ministry for two summers.
90. I lived in Nashville for a summer.
91. When I lived in Nashville, I lived about a block down from Ben Folds.
92. I despise the adding of "vegas" onto the first syllable of city names.
93. I've never been there, but I don't think I'd like the real Vegas.
94. I recently bought a new car.
95. It's a mazda, zoom zoom.
96. I got off of Facebook the day they allowed high school kids to use it.
97. My brother and I used to find old toys of ours, and smash them.
98. I used to have Billy Idol sunglasses.
99. I sunburn way too easily.
100. My childhood friend Trent just bought the house my family used to live in!

There, that wasn't so hard now was it? Brooke- get your giant Q-tip pole ready, because I challenge you to.... JOUST! Next, on American Gladiators!

4 comments:

The Dyer Family said...

I can't believe you made it all the way to 100. And I'm insanely jealous regarding your close proximity to ben folds in nash-vegas (tee hee hee...). he is actually a friend of a friend - i almost acquired his cat, steve, when he needed a new home. interesting, eh? hope the atlanta trip is a success.

John and Brooke said...

Bring it, Dan!!!! PS-Zach Morris was a childhood hero of mine as well...

The Muncies said...

finally got to 100, but I think you cheated some by connecting many of your numbers. calling a little math foul on you... and Brooke would SO win a joust!

Anonymous said...

I remember when you broke your hand. I forgot who you punched though.