Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Cater Connection

My cousin is in labor right now. At least that's the last thing I heard. She may have delivered by now, but as far as I know, she's in labor. As you may or may not know, I'm extremely close with my cousins. They are like extra siblings. If you asked me to think of a fond memory from my past, odds are it involves one of my amazing cousins.

So, one of them is having a child as I write. Wow- I can't even imagine. Here's what's so cool. I received a text from my dad today saying that she was in labor. Then I got a call from my cousin Reid (the cousin closest to me in age - most sibling like) saying mostly the same thing. At that moment, I knew that we were all thinking about Natalie. My brother and my cousin Michelle in Birmingham, Holly in Greensboro North Carolina, Lance in Birmingham, Reid in Durham, and really all of the Cater family scattered all over the place were thinking about Nat. It's kind of like the whole "stare up at the moon, wherever you are, and know that we're looking at the same moon" but way less cheesy.

I didn't even have to talk to them to know. I just knew. She was in all of our thoughts on this important day, and that made me feel good. Connected.

1 comment:

easyedwin said...

Connected Caters..........to ourselves, to eachother and to Wales, UK