Thursday, April 17, 2008

The New Do

I went in to Hairmasters today to get a run of the mill trim up. I met Melanie, who was to be my stylist. I told her what was my "usual" and things got underway. Melanie and I got comfortable with each other quickly and soon began to talk and joke. I started to ask her questions. I love asking questions to people who specialize in something about the area in which they specialize. The meteorologist in Nashville. How does wind work? My brother the landscape guru. What's the latin name of that tree? The nurse at my doctor's office. Will you once and for all explain to me what the two numbers mean in a blood pressure? So I began to ask her questions about my hair. What would it look like if I did this? With my hair type, could I pull that off? etc. Soon, these questions left the realm of mere thought and became more concrete conjectures.

Now I like to think I'm open to new things. That I'm not attached to any one particular thing or idea (with the exception of a few things on which I will never waiver: Christ as the Savior of us all, the life altering power of music, and the fact that my mom can cook better than yours). Melanie had a vision. She became an artist at work. I stepped out of the way. By the time the smoke had settled, I walked out with this new do:



Breathe. I know it's pretty drastic. What do you think? I know this is the first time many of you have seen my forehead, but what about the hair! Any comments would be welcomed and appreciated. Keep in mind, my self-esteem hangs on your words.

5 comments:

dranMom said...

I like it! I'm glad to see the bangs go. Time for a change (of course, you know how I am about hair changes--I'm big on them myself!) Put some gel in that hair and spike up the front some more--and go get 'em! (and thanks for the never-wavering compliment!) Love you too! dranmom

Anonymous said...

TWO THUMBS UP.

Lindsay said...

If you're not careful this could become a faux-hawk. I love it!

The Dyer Family said...

lookin' good! verrrr handsome. :)
that's funny how you ask all those questions - my dad does that all the time. my college roommate used to work at the waffle house, and dad would ask her endless questions about it. she always thought he was kind of teasing her about working there, but he genuinely wanted to know!
oh - and we ate at mk's asian kitchen last night. EXCELLENT!! the only mongolian beef in auburn worth eating, for sure!

easyedwin said...

good-bye john parker "wisson" look

Hello new doo