Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Give me Five!

Food. It's one of those things that everyone loves. You gotta eat, so you might as well find food that tastes great. Thus, I give you my top five greatest recent food discoveries!

5. Wing Night at Niffer's. My friends and I had been going to wing night at Buffalo Wild Wings, which is great. But, you've never experienced a wing night like the one at Niffer's. It's on Tuesday nights and it's all you can eat wings for 10 bucks. One flat rate- as many wings as you can eat (instead of a discounted price per wing). If you like em' saucy, Niffer's is the place to go.

4. MK's Asian Kitchen. I've been struggling to find good Chinese food in the Auburn area since I arrived here five years ago. I grew up on the finest in fast asian fare with New China in Hoover. There simply wasn't good Chinese food in Auburn, until MK's. It's in Tiger Town. Go. Eat. Relish in the fact that we finally have good Chinese food in Auburn!

3. Hardee's Jalepeno Thickburger. This is perhaps the finest burger one can get for three dollars and change. The jalepenos aren't too spicy, they're just right. You would spend the same amount on a Wendy's burger (square?) or a BK burger, and they just aren't as good. If you're a burger fan, this is a good one.

2. The Crab-cake and Avocado sandwich from Amsterdam Cafe. Voted one of the top 100 dishes to eat in Alabama, this sandwich is so good that you start missing it after the first bite.

1. http://www.freerice.com This is the coolest. You will be presented with a vocabulary word and four choices. If you click on the correct synonym for the highlighted word, the website's advertising sponsers donate 20 grains of rice to the UN World Food Program. Keep playing, keep winning, every time you choose the correct answer; 20 more grains. Broaden your vocabulary, feed hungry people.

4 comments:

John and Brooke said...

1. John LOVES wing night at Niffers. That is where all his buddies went every Tues. night when he was in college.
2. I still think Panda is the best chinese in Auburn...MK's is a close second!
3. Crab cake sandwich at Amserdam is my most favorite thing there!

Anonymous said...

I agree with the one about Amsterdam, but I haven't tried out MK's yet, that is going to be on my list for next week!

dranMom said...

LOVE Amsterdam's. I want to eat there right now.

Anonymous said...

You should try the Friday special at Hamilton's. Half queasadilla, chips, and lobster and crab bisque for about 6 bucks.

I'm on level 35 of freerice. I found out that caterwaul means to yowl.