Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Service with a Smile

I spent the better part of this evening "serving" ice cream at Bruster's. It was "school night", which means they give us a slice of their profit pie and we in turn drum up business for them. I washed my hands, donned my apron, and got to work. Oh wait, did I say work? I meant stand around in the way of all of the regular Bruster's employees. All I wanted to do was scoop ice cream. Dad always said that scooping ice cream builds your biceps.

"Dan, I need a double chocolate chunk in a cone!"
"I'm on it!"
"Dan, I need a super swirly blizzard blast with hot fudge and caramel STAT!"
"You got it!"


That's the stuff of dreams. Needless to say, my biceps were left unbuilt. I scooped maybe six scoops total. Ho hum. That doesn't mean I didn't have fun. It's hilarious when students see their teachers outside of school. It's like we're celebrities. Do they not remember seeing me three hours ago? Have they no recollection of the 94 I JUST gave them on their Identifying Notes worksheet? Eh, I'm not complaining. A little celebrity goes a long way for the ole ego.

3 comments:

JBFerguson said...

Brusters: Will someone please clean up the blast machine.
Dan: Oh yeah it is kind of dirty, sorry I made a blast.
Brusters: Yeah one of the teachers did it.
Dan: Well they don't call it a blast for nothing!! HAHAHAHAHA
Brusters: silence.


Dan: Is this the right amount for a single scoop?
Brusters: It's fine... I am not making any money tonight anyways.
Dan: silence.


NOW THAT IS WHAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF!

Shealy said...

I am cracking up! Even though I didn't get to scoop, I had more fun talking to the celebrity on the outside...you are way cooler than me :)

TLC said...

I truly hate the fact that I missed out on the scooping affair at Bruster's but I was so thrilled to have you entertain my class today if it was only for a short period of time. I did not know that you were such a rock star. I have found your blog to be both enlightening and entertaining. I checked out AFV yesterday and laughed for a solid hour.