Saturday, April 26, 2008

CityFest

The 2008 Auburn Cityfest was held today at Kiesel Park. I've never been, but really wanted to go this year because my good friend Lee was exhibiting his photography. This is a relatively new hobby for him, but you wouldn't be able to tell from the looks of his booth. Thrown together in about two weeks, it ended up being one of the most professional looking set ups out there. He had some great photography from his trip to Kenya this past summer. If he had a website, I'd include a link here, but he doesn't. Anyway, just thought I'd brag on him for a little bit.

I made a wager with my friend that I'd see six of my students while at Cityfest. I lost count somewhere around twenty four. I don't know why I'm so weird about seeing students in public, but I am. Perhaps it will pass after my first year is over. Anybody else feel me on this one? Or am I alone?


6 comments:

John and Brooke said...

My first year teaching I saw one of my boy students at Ann Taylor Loft. He was sitting on a bench in the dressing room. I came out from trying some clothes on and he just looked at me with this confused look and said "Hey Miss Webb...You shop here??!!" It was hysterical.

Sarah Armstrong said...

I am sort of neutral on seeing students in public...I don't freak out, but I certainly don't LOVE the idea that everywhere I go a student could potentially be around the next corner. There just must be some privacy somewhere! However, I did actually leave a store one day to avoid talking to a parent that I didn't particularly want to talk to at that time. :) For the record, I actually saw you (about 15 feet away) at City Fest today, but didn't get your attention. (Do you feel weird about seeing teacher friends in public also??) :)

JBFerguson said...

One Saturday morning, I went to Panera in Bill's shorts, a sweatshirt, and a baseball cap (totally looking like a boy) and I saw two families and a teacher. I can honestly say it was one of my least proud moments. It totally looked like a walk of shame, but I was married.

Christopher Lee Kelley said...

Thanks meh! I really appreciate you comin to hang at the booth for a while. I love you.

Shealy said...

What?? You don't love seeing your kids in public? Who are you? Just kidding...definitely kind of weirds me out. You just never know who will be lurking around the corner at Kroger. Saw 3 tonight :). Fun times!

Anonymous said...

stop thinking too much!